Bay State High School’s Bring Your Own “x” (BYOx) program is available to all students from Year 7 to 12.
We are currently finalising our 2020 BYOx program and information will be available soon. In 2020, Years 7 to 9 students will need an iPad (preferred device) while students in Years 10 to 12 may choose between either a compatible iPad or windows device.
BYOx means exactly that – students
bring their own compatible digital device to school, for the purpose of
learning. Innovation, technology and access to online tools and resources
is essential for students today – both at home, and at school.
Bay State High School is committed to providing
computer facilities to support various subjects but unfortunately no school is
in a position to finance a laptop for every student to take home. Parent
contribution is essential to achieve a digitally rich 1:1 environment and
provide 21st century learning for students.
- recognises the demand for seamless movement between school, work,
home and play
- assists students to improve their learning outcomes in a
contemporary educational setting
- supports students to become responsible digital citizens
- enhances the teaching and learning process and achievement of
student outcomes as well as the skills and experiences that will prepare
them for their future studies and careers
- Further details on our program specifically designed to cater for all students in Years 7 to 9 will be available and published soon.
- Students in Years 10 to 12 will need to refer to the Device Specifications for a compatible device.