International Students Program
Hervey Bay State High School looks forward to welcoming our first international students in the 2019 school year.
With both the annual whale migration, and World Heritage-listed Fraser Island on our doorstep, Hervey Bay State High School offers a wide range of unique learning and enrichment programs to all students, including Australian life experiences.
With spacious modern classrooms, our teaching programs are academically challenging, innovative and incorporate literacy, numeracy and technology ; Our established working agricultural farm and sports precinct offers students opportunities to expand their learning experiences ; Our school is actively engaged in cultural, academic, sporting and external programs, as well as many extra-curricular activities.
We maintain an unrelenting focus on academic achievement, positive behaviour and involvement in our wider community.
- Whole-school literacy focus
- Agricultural Science and Animal Husbandry
- Marine Studies
- Academic Programs of Excellence (APEX)
- Gifted and Talented Programs
- Performing Arts (Dance, Drama, Music, Visual Arts)
- Language Program – Mandarin, bi-annual study tour to China
- Project-based learning for 21st century skills (STEAM)
- Business and Tourism study pathways
- Daily lunchtime activities for students (including our Zumba Dance Troop)
- Sporting competitions (including rugby league)
- Cattle Show team
- Human Powered Vehicle Race Team
- Kokoda Hiking Challenge
- Dance, drama and music groups